Tuesday 18 October 2011

International Day of Handwashing

I will post a longer entry soon, I promise, but for now I just wanted to wish everyone a happy (belated) International Handwashing Day (was October 15).  Perhaps I am out of the loop but I had no idea that this even existed.  Obviously not something we talk about in the developed world - but is quite a big event here in Haiti (as well as many other countries around the globe) especially given the devastating impact the cholera outbreak had on the community over the past year.


I love the logo - appeals to the adults and the kids which is so important.
 The  IDHW slogan written in Haitian Kreyol. 

Translation to French:
Laver les mains avec de l'eau propre et du savon pour éviter le choléra.

Translation to English:
Wash hands with soap and water to prevent cholera.

No comments:

Post a Comment